Exciting times.


The ideas, thoughts and actions in life are just like riding Skyline at Storm-Lo: find the flow and enjoy the ride!

SingleSpyder.

dijous, de juliol 08, 2010

Cobblestones




Dear Genets,

Lately I'm not as active writing as I used to be, a lot of reasons for that, but no excuse. Today I want to explain you how my mind changed on the Road Bike as I never expected. I remember being a kid, watching some sections of the Tour de France on TV, Perico Delgado, Miguel Indurain or other raiders where followed by the Spanish TVE. Everybody had the excuse for a long lunch while enjoying those guys climbing the highest peaks, riding on the worst roads, to achieve the glory.

Some years later, an American guy, Lance, was doing history again, 7 Tour's in a row, and now a come back, fighting with Contador. I use to read web newspapers, and follow a little bit some of the forums, a lot of patriotism is there, but just a few of "deep analysis". When I review most of the comments, I use to feel a kind of national behavior, which for me is out of this picture.

I like Lance, it's a bike hero, 7 times winner, even if always under the scope of doping, it's an example of rider, he was fighting against a cancer before to his 7 in a row, then retired, and now came back, to fight with all the young's for the best, and he is there, in the battle, and considered again one of the clear outsiders to win. I will always follow him, his way of riding the bike, his professionalism, his strength, it's maybe the smartest rider ever. Now Alberto Contador, the best rider on the moment, great climber, and strong enough in all other areas, I really think he is the one going to follow Lance heritage on the coming years, is the best, and I can barely see somebody trying to win him.

But the best is not to talk about them, the best is to talk about cycling, and last Stage #3 on the cobblestones, was one of the best days I remember in front of the TV, I was lucky as the Tour is the main attraction on VS channel, so I have no problem to follow one of my favorites sports. The stage I'm talking about, was the one finishing on the Paris-Roubaix cobblestones, amazing battle. Frank Schleck felt, and the race was broke, five riders on the top, with Cancellara and Andy Schleck, Cadel Evans. They were followed by another group with Contador and Lance. But the battle was hard, Lance had a flat tire, so he lost a lot of time and contact with the second group, riding in between the cars and dust of the road. Contador had a mechanical problem at the end, and lost some extra seconds.

The best was to see a great battle, everybody pushing more than 100% to win time...I love biking !!!!

http://www.versus.com/the-daily-line/videos/tdf-in-90-stage-3-results/

From SC, Xavi Paricio

2 comentaris:

  1. Un final d'etapa ideal, combinació perfecte per en Cadel Evans.

    ResponElimina
  2. Xavi I agree with you. I am an Armstrong fan and won't hide that. The determination on stage three was amazing. When his team mate run out of steam he got his head down and got himself back into the group in front. Great to watch. Oh and he is a MTB'er as well ;-)

    This years tour has had so much already. Big crashes, oil on a wet corner, a dog in the peleton and we aren't in the mountains yet.

    ResponElimina