Exciting times.


The ideas, thoughts and actions in life are just like riding Skyline at Storm-Lo: find the flow and enjoy the ride!

SingleSpyder.

dilluns, de gener 03, 2011

The Go Pro HD Camera (Belfast)

First ride of 2011 and a great day it was. I had the Go Pro Camera and tried to find the best angle and different mounts. Chest Harness and Helmet mount. The first day out with the camera wasnt great. The weather was bad and I had the angle wrong and most of the footage was of the bike and the ground. Today I had a better angle set and the weather was great.

First run down what we call the Quarry trail in Cavehill Belfast. I had the camera set to take photos and not Video. So here is a few snaps from the first run. The photos are 5mp and you can set the camera just to take a series of pics at timed intervals. Not something I wanted to test today but here is the result. It is a nice feature to have if you want some nice photos on a ride.
The second problem I found was because I had the camera inside the waterproof case there was slight condensation on the inside. This caused a slight blur when the sun light hit the front. You can see this in the photo below. Maybe this was down to being in the warm van then coming out into the cold. I hope this doesnt happen again as one of the videos was totally misty. You couldnt see with the condensation.

The HD footage below was from the chest harness. I set the camera to point up so when I leaned over the camera would be pointing forward. I had to use the adapter that comes with the camera to get it pointing the right way. If you just connect direct to the chest harness I find it points too low. This was a good test today and has given me some more ideas and angles I need to get the best setting. Enjoy the bumpy ride.



This second Video is the same trail but the camera is Mounted on the helmet. The helmet was not tight enough so there is a lot of movement. Another lesson learned, tighten the helmet.

2 comentaris:

  1. Velles maneres d'immortalitzar els moments de bike.

    Bons pensaments em venen al cap.

    Michael, mtb, mtb, mtb.

    ResponElimina
  2. Veient aquest corriol, tinc clar que abans o després d'Escòcia hi ha molta vida.

    Vull dir que haurem de rodar per Belfast també, oi que sí?

    MTB, MTB, MTB.

    ResponElimina