Exciting times.


The ideas, thoughts and actions in life are just like riding Skyline at Storm-Lo: find the flow and enjoy the ride!

SingleSpyder.

dimecres, de setembre 18, 2013

Velodrome?

Ok, this was one of my more unusual rides. 

After the madness of the August Strava challenge that saw me clock up just over 2000km in 31 days, work has seen me spend the last 3 weeks away from home. This can mean less time on the bike, but it can also mean time riding places I would never normally ride.

Last week I did a lap of the Bathurst Mount Panorama race car track (176m elevation gain in 6.2km).

This week it was a different sort of race track.

An outdoor velodrome in the town of Orange. But not just a velodrome, no, no, no. This is Australia and our national sport is Cricket, so of course there is a cricket pitch in the middle... I assume cyclists don't use the track while a cricket game is on though...well I hope not.

Anyway, I made good use of the track to do an interval session on my faithful commuter the mixtie fixie.



The funniest thing though was when two small kids joined me on the track, you might just be able to see them on the opposite side of the track, riding the inside line. They were about 4 or 5 years old, both on single speeds, and the young boy was on a police bike, complete with sirens!!!

The joys of riding places where you would never normally ride!




1 comentari:

  1. Sensacional, molt bona pensada rodar a dins d'aquest espai. És encara més dur que el que vàrem fer nosaltres al juliol.

    Sensacional, la música de la Single Speed del teu petit competidor.

    Sensacional poder compartir al Blog les teves aventures.

    OMG, OMG, OMG.

    ResponElimina