Exciting times.


The ideas, thoughts and actions in life are just like riding Skyline at Storm-Lo: find the flow and enjoy the ride!

SingleSpyder.

dijous, d’octubre 29, 2009

GPS while riding

Ireland isnt a very big country and I claim to know a fair bit of the countryside. If I did get lost it wouldnt take long to find some type of civilization to get a pointer in the right direction home.

So why would I need a GPS? I know the trails and dont mind an adventure if I did get lost.

The technology the new systems have and in such a compact unit is stunning. To think back to when my father got his first GPS unit for Hillwalking. I joked that he needed a spare backpack just to carry the unit around. These new systems seem to have everything a gym would have that fits in the palm of your hand. Training centre, Route mapper, Speed, Distance, Heart Rate, Calorie Count. The list goes on and on.

So what unit? Garmin 705
The Training and multi functions of the Garmin 705 is making me want to get one. I have reviewed this unit and looked at the multi functions that could in theory improve me as a rider (With fitness anyway, I dont think Garmin have a function for tuning my skills levels. If Only!!)

Do you use a GPS when riding if so what unit? Should I get one?

3 comentaris:

  1. I use a garmin 305, and it is correct. The recording function and monitoring in PC it’s OK. The navigation with a track is difficult because it’s not possible use cartography. The 705 are cartography and the same functions of 305. It’s a very good option.

    ResponElimina
  2. Thanks for your comments ratrasse

    ResponElimina
  3. Jo no porto GPS, avui, demà no ho sé. Però el que no se, és si me perdo quelcom si no en tinc cap.

    Jo diria que no, però podria ser perquè el carro ja ma passat fa dies, no ho afirmo, en cap cas.

    MRG traduiex.

    ResponElimina