Exciting times.


The ideas, thoughts and actions in life are just like riding Skyline at Storm-Lo: find the flow and enjoy the ride!

SingleSpyder.

diumenge, de setembre 23, 2012

Road, MTB, Soccer ... PAIN !

This is the sequence of events, or maybe the sequence of what I usually do and finally how I feel. Long history short, all started just before summer, at work, when after some hours "seating" on my office I felt my knee was telling me something was wrong.

An unusual pain when I move was increasing as the days passed, so I decided to visit my Doctor, who after an RMI gave me the great news, my meniscus was torn, not completely broke, but torn creating a pinch situation that was the source of the pain.

What to do? next step? the logic says surgery and problem solved, but the fact the person spend her live with me is a Physical Therapist, gave another insight, this kind of surgery is not always as positive as people think, and also creates in most of the cases another problem with a wear of the rest of the knee bones.

During my conversations with the Doctor I asked him the million dollar question, what will be your decision in my situation? his answer was clear, keep doing unless the pain is so strong you can't do normal life, and this includes your typical sport activities.

So I started slowly again with all the activities I used to do, obviously after some days of rest and medication to reduce the pain, and I went back to the road bike runs, the soccer games on Sunday with a group of friends, and my visits to Paris Mountain or Dupont Forest.

Pain has been my soul mate during the last weeks, every time I tried to force speed or power, he reminds me the limits I actually have, but slowly this pain has been decreasing (I'm in a better shape?) until the point I can be almost on the same point I was months ago.

I've been following your adventures on the blog, and after all that happened on September 11, I decided it was time for the best maillot ever to be shown again, so there we are with some pictures, road and MTB...soccer it will be not included :)


Leaving home for a ride


Heading south on Jonesville Rd


Summer storm during the ride...nice


Kanuga trail, what a terrific ride !


South Carolina green 


Yes, this is the knee ... ouch !


New trails in Paris Mountain

And there will be more, fall is here, hot temperatures are gone, nice colors come back to this gorgeous country, and I'm going to show this "Freedom Catalonia" shirt all over the area ...

From SC, Xavi Paricio

3 comentaris:

  1. Una molta bona notícia Xavi la teva recuperació.

    I unes imatges que necessitem al Blog, en Xavi Paricio pedalant és un caudal de bones sensacions a casa.

    Dies de MTB.

    Del mallot, la llibertat vindrà de fora, per això té tant de significat que el portis tu. Més fins i tot que quan el portem nosaltres quan sortim a córrer a fora de Catalunya.

    MTB, MTB, MTB.

    ResponElimina
  2. Xavi que guapa la teva Ventana :-)

    ResponElimina