Exciting times.


The ideas, thoughts and actions in life are just like riding Skyline at Storm-Lo: find the flow and enjoy the ride!

SingleSpyder.

divendres, de novembre 15, 2013

A Singular Single Speed Steed

This week saw me delivering artefacts from the excavation of a nineteenth century hut to the local museum in Queanbeyan. Inside the museum I found this gem of a bike!


It is of course a single speed, I think it might even be a fixie ;)


And here a proud cavaller atop his steed.

And my mind is swimming with possibities for a more mythical version of this bike with wings, and flames erupting from its mouth.

You see, the cross over in imagery between bikes and horses and Dracs goes back to the very origins of bikes. It is part of our shared cyclist cosmology.

And the mountain is calling me...or perhaps it is the Drac inside the mountain, or perhaps it is the Drac inside me. 

Oh yeah!!!


2 comentaris:

  1. Clar que yes, Dracs, genets de Drac, què més podem, demanar?

    Repetir aventures, més aventures junts al Far entre Fars, a Sant Marçal del Montseny, peu del primer doll del riu Tordera, lloc on neix "la Tordera", OMG, OMG, OMG.

    Dies de molt Single Speed.

    ResponElimina
  2. Genial troballa! I quina coincidència. Tot plegat sembla extret d'un conte. I tot és història, com el que nosaltres vivim avui, història que d'altres un dia descobriran, i que tenim la sort de compartir amb vosaltres.

    ResponElimina